There’s a new photo contest going on and I was 'tagged' by my friend Wes (aka Johnny Vagabond). Sponsored by TravelSupermarket.com, there are some great prizes (iPads!) and the contest is being judged by some amazing photographers/bloggers.
The rules are pretty simple: post photos on your blog that fit the following themes: Red, Blue, White, Green and Yellow. Share your post via social media (see the rules below for details) and nominate five other bloggers to join in the fun. If you don’t have all five, post what you have. Easy!
The contest ends August 27th, and the winner of each color category will receive a new iPad. The overall winner will net a £2,000 travel budget from TravelSupermarket.com. You don’t have to be nominated to participate, so dig through those photos and get to blogging!
Here are my entries...
Sapphire Pool -- Yellowstone National Park
The Sapphire Pool at Yellowstone National Park. It doesn't get any bluer than that, does it?
This is from Humboldt Redwoods State Park in northern California. In the background you can see the roots of one of many fallen Coastal Redwoods. It was never a record-holder, but it probably lived several hundred years before it fell. Most people probably don't take this shot, but something about the surrounding greenery and lighting caught my attention.
![Sunset - West Yellowstone, Montana](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48552894401_7a0d02bdda_h.jpg")
Sunset -- West Yellowstone, Montana
After a long day on the south side of Yellowstone National Park taking photos of geysers Bryn shot this wonderfully diffuse sunset through the windshield. It came out much better than I ever would have thought possible.
![Geyser - Yellowstone National Park](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48552899526_0d1db35517_z.jpg")
Geyser -- Yellowstone National Park
White-hot steamy water, shooting from deep below the surface, straining to reach the heights, piercing the blue sky. Yellowstone National Park
![Plano Balloon Festival, Plano, Texas](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48552896776_f667cf6323_c.jpg")
Plano Balloon Festival, Plano, Texas
One of the few balloons which flew directly over our position. Plano Balloon Festival.
1. Publish a Capture the Colour blog post with images for all 5 colors if you have the images. If you don’t have all 5 colors, post images in the colors that you do have. Those who don’t have photos for all 5 colors will still be in with a chance of winning the category winner prizes but you won’t be in the running for the main prize. In your post, make sure to mention the TravelSupermarket Capture the Colour Competition page (https://www.travelsupermarket.com/capture-the-colour/) so that your readers know what Capture the Colour is.
2. Nominate and notify 5 other travel bloggers to take part in Capture the Colour at the end of your post to spread the word about the contest!
3. By 27th August 2012, let us know you’ve entered the competition by either posting a link to your blog post on Facebook mentioning Capture the Colour and tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page and/or by linking to your post via Twitter and including @travelsupermkt and #capturethecolour. We’ll be monitoring both Facebook and Twitter closely so all entries will be recorded. For those who don’t have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, email address and phone number.
4. TravelSupermarket.com and the judges of the contest will share and retweet some of our favorite Capture the Colour posts throughout the competition so be sure to follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts closely!
5. Every Capture the Colour blog entry will be judged by our 5 judges with each judge selecting a color category winner to receive an iPad 3 or prize of similar value. The judges will then come together to select the overall winner of the £2,000 travel budget. For further information about the judging and the prizes see the Terms & Conditions by clicking the link below.